Study OverviewInformation Systems (S1) - Code Your Future!
Information Systems Study program teaches the foundation of science and application of Information Technology within an organization. The curriculum of Information Systems Study Program is unique because it is built on 3 (three) areas, namely: Computer, Management and Business.
The program enables the development of advanced IS skills that enable students to conduct business intelligence activities and advise on organizational information requirements and related strategy. Students are able to integrate their existing understanding of, and experience in, business, with skills for eliciting organizational requirements, and designing, developing and managing systems involving business data. The program also equips students with a broad knowledge of technology issues, and targeted skills to develop well-rounded analysts with a specialization in IS.
To create a Information Systems program of instruction highlighting the areas of software studies and entrepreneurial studies that excels other programs of its kind offered in the school’s market area, and to produce graduates who are fully competent IS practitioners who can contribute their skills to the industry nationally and internationally, for their own professional benefit and for the greater good of society as a whole.
- To offer curricula of study which emphasize professionalism, the ability to work independently if required, to act responsibly in every approach to work, and to develop a strong set of professional ethics.
- To produce graduates who excel in the field of information system, and who are fully equipped to deal with all challenges they might encounter in their professional life.
- To ensure that curricula are delivered by faculty that is of the highest professional caliber and that educational processes are based on the latest methodologies in the field of professional education.
- To cooperate with appropriate public and private institutions to ensure that courses of instruction are in line with national and international educational prescriptions, are cutting-edge in term of timeliness and meet all current industry requirements.
- To be, by the year 2020, the local market leader in the field of information system education, where market leadership represents an amalgam of enrollment, quality and currency of facilities and of curriculum, and reputation among current students, graduates, peer institutions and society as a whole.
Concentrations in Information Systems Study Program
Concentration will be chosen by the students in their last semester and several concentrations to choose from are as follow:
Enterprise Information System
Enterprise Information Systems concentration is flexible and represents an ideal complement to the majors and concentrations of other areas, as IT has the capacity to transform and improve all functions of organizations in economic sector. IS emphasizes the significance of the interrelationships across technology, management, and strategy. The objective is to prepare students to be effective planners, users, and managers of IT in the digital economy. It provides students with assets that award them a unique competitive advantage. Students with an IS concentration are well positioned to participate in IT-driven changes that continue to affect knowledge work, business processes, organizational design, and the operation of markets and industries.
Career prospect: consulting, IT management, business analysis, etc. in various industries, e.g., banking, healthcare, finance, education, government, etc.
By 2020, more than seven billion people and businesses, and at least 30 billion devices, will be connected to the Internet. With people, businesses and things communicating, transacting, and even negotiating with each other, a new world comes into being – the world of digital business. Digital business is the creation of new business designs by blurring the digital and physical worlds. What makes digital business different from e-business is the presence and integration of things, connected and intelligent, with people and business.
Application Development concentration prepare students to be able to develop effective Web Progressive Applications or Mobile Applications in digital business.
Career prosepects: Chief Technology Officer (CTO), System Engineer, Programmer, System Analyst and other related positions.
Their Journey Starts Here…
What they think about us in kickstarting their future.
If you are looking for a university worth the mention after you graduate, it would be IT&B. It has been 4 years since my graduation and what we’ve been thought still useful and practival, mainly because most lecturers were practitioners in IT Business themselves. This is why discussion regarding implementation of theories in business landscape was very common and helpful when we dive into world of business.
I would describe IT&B Campus as good campus for learning Information Technology. The lecturers are friendly and real practitioner in the industries, I also met some great connections here which really help me with my career and opportunities, the assignments are challenging and very useful. In my opinion, it’s a good place to start expanding your knowledge.
What are core subjects that students will study in achieving their degree?
What are the career opportunities that students can choose after graduating from the Information Systems Study Program?
Programmer, System Analyst, Web Developer, IT Consultant, Technopreneur, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Executive Officer (CEO) etc
Can the students continue their master degree in overseas after graduating from IT&B?