Welcome to Information Systems Study Program
Overview of Information Systems Study Program
Information Systems Study program teaches the foundation of science and application of Information Technology within an organization. The curriculum of Information Systems Study Program is unique because it is built on 3 (three) areas, namely: Computer, Management and Business.
To create a Information Systems program of instruction highlighting the areas of software studies and entrepreneurial studies that excels other programs of its kind offered in the school’s market area, and to produce graduates who are fully competent IS practitioners who can contribute their skills to the industry nationally and internationally, for their own professional benefit and for the greater good of society as a whole.
- To offer curricula of study which emphasize professionalism, the ability to work independently if required, to act responsibly in every approach to work, and to develop a strong set of professional ethics.
- To produce graduates who excel in the field of information system, and who are fully equipped to deal with all challenges they might encounter in their professional life.
- To ensure that curricula are delivered by faculty that is of the highest professional caliber and that educational processes are based on the latest methodologies in the field of professional education.
- To cooperate with appropriate public and private institutions to ensure that courses of instruction are in line with national and international educational prescriptions, are cutting-edge in term of timeliness and meet all current industry requirements.
- To be, by the year 2020, the local market leader in the field of information system education, where market leadership represents an amalgam of enrollment, quality and currency of facilities and of curriculum, and reputation among current students, graduates, peer institutions and society as a whole.
Concentrations in Information Systems Study Program
Concentration will be chosen by the students in their last semester and several concentrations to choose from are as follow:
Entreprise Information System
Enterprise Information Systems concentration is flexible and represents an ideal complement to the majors and concentrations of other areas, as information technology (IT) has the capacity to transform and improve all functions of organizations in every economic sector. Information System emphasizes the significance of the interrelationships across technology, management, and strategy. The objective is to prepare students to be effective planners, users, and managers of IT in the digital economy. It provides students with assets that award them a unique competitive advantage.
Students with an IS concentration are well positioned to participate in IT-driven changes that continue to affect knowledge work, business processes, organizational design, and the operation of markets and industries. Former graduates have secured jobs in consulting, IT management, business analysis, etc. in various industries, e.g., banking, healthcare, finance, education, government, etc.
Application Development concentration prepare students to be able to develop effective Web Progressive Applications or Mobile Applications in digital business.
Students will be in positions that may include Chief Technology Officer (CTO), System Engineer, Programmer, System Analyst and other related positions.
What are core subjects that students will study in achieving their degree?
Core subjects are Visual Programming, Game Programming, Mobile Programming, Networking, Web Programming, Database.
What are the career opportunities that students can choose after graduating from the Information Systems Study Program?
Students have a wide range of career opportunities to choose from such as:
Programmer, System Analyst, Web Developer, IT Consultant, Technopreneur, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Executive Officer (CEO) etc
Can the students continue their master degree in overseas after graduating from IT&B?
Students can definitely continue their studies in overseas as many of IT&B Alumnis have eventually continued their Master Degree in Australia, India, UK, etc.